Categories of Personal Data Processed
Caledos Runner usage of location data:
Caledos Runner requires access to you GPS position pedometer and heart rate Bluetooth HR sensors data also in background to enable activity tracking, also when the app is closes or not in use.
Personal data that is processed when you create a Caledos account:
When you create a Caledos Account, we ask you to provide your name, surname, birth date, email address.
Caledos Lab only uses your personal data as follows:
- To analyze website and app usage and improve our services;
- To email you any relevant announcements or notices relevant to your use of Caledos Apps and Services;
- For internal research, development planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud, and other criminal activity;
- To enforce Caledos Terms of Service and as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
Personal data that is processed when you record activities in Caledos Runner:
Your Caledos account profile, by design, is only useful when you upload running activities. This includes activity data such as distance, pace, duration, heart rate, cadence and elevation.
Personal data that is processed when you connect your Caledos account to an integrated 3rd party application:
If you choose to connect your Caledos account to integrated mobile apps such as ASICS Runkeeper, Strava, Smashrun or Sensoria we can post your running activities to them.
Personal data that is processed when you communicate with Caledos Apps and services
When you interact with Caledos Lab to receive support via email, our Facebook page, or our Twitter account, we collect personal data, such as your name and email address, and information about your Caledos account. We may also create event logs that are useful in diagnosing errors you may have found in site functionality or site performance-related issues. We only use this information to provide you customer and product support.
Categories of Recipients of Personal Data
Public access to your data
Caledos Lab believes that social accountability can be inherently motivating and can help runners maintain an active lifestyle. For this reason, your live activity can be optionally followed from a URL you can share when you start running.
We may disclose personal data about you to others:
- if we have your valid consent to do so;
- to enforce any of our terms and conditions or policies;
- when required by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena or other legal process;
- as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims; or
- in connection with sale of our company or any of its assets, or disposition of its assets in bankruptcy.
Transfers of Personal Data
When you create a Caledos account, add personal data in your profile, or upload data to your Caledos account, your personal data will be collected and stored on servers in the Europe. Our hosting provider is Microsoft Azure.
Cookies and Similar Technology
- to maintain your logged-in state to the website;
- to help us determine whether you read the blog posts that we write;
- to help us determine your timezone to update demographic ranks; and
- to store your language preference.
It is highly likely that other future site functionality may utilize cookies as well. Rest assured, however, no personally identifiable information is ever stored inside these cookies, and they can be safely deleted at any time.
Analytics and Conversion Tracking
Caledos uses Google Analytics and Microsoft Application Insight platforms to help us evaluate how users and visitors interact with the site and the app.
By using Caledos apps and services, you consent to the processing of data about your interaction with this site by Google Analytics and Microsoft Application Insight in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data as long as your account on Caledos is active. You can always request to delete your account sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We automatically delete Caledos accounts with all activities older than 2 years.